Attorney Derek Matta represents individuals, partnerships, and corporations before the IRS in audits, appeals, and in Tax Court. He is a graduate of the LSU Law School and has spent his entire career practicing tax law. He was an IRS Chief Counsel Attorney for 18 years representing the IRS in small and large case audits, collection proceeding and criminal tax determinations and also spent 10 years as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney representing the IRS in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases and summons enforcement proceedings before the Federal District Court.
- Licensed Texas Attorney
- Admitted to the United States Tax Court
- Eighteen years as an IRS Chief Counsel Attorney
- Ten years as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney in bankruptcy cases
- Boston University, LL.M. in Tax
- Until Death and Taxes Do Us Part (February 2016)