Attorney W. Patrick Cantrell is board certified in Tax Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He handles tax controversies within the IRS examination, appeals, and collection divisions involving both civil and criminal matters. He has specialized in IRS controversies for over 35 years, beginning with his former career as an IRS appeals officer. Author of the ABA’s Federal Tax Procedure for Attorneys, his mastery of IRS procedure is invaluable in negotiating IRS settlements, reducing penalties and making sure the IRS follows the rules.
- Licensed Texas Attorney and CPA
- Board Certified – Tax Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Admitted to practice in U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, and the United States Supreme Court
- Seven years experience as an IRS revenue agent and appeals officer
- Over 30 years experience in public accounting
- University of Houston, Bauer College of Business “IRS Examination, Appeals, Tax Court” (2001-2011)